If you are a client of Monex Europe Ltd and/or Monex Europe Markets Ltd, you can communicate the nature and details of your complaint to your Account Manager directly, either by phone or by email.
Alternatively, please send all relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org and our compliance team will log and respond to your complaint.
Irrespective of complexity, we aim to provide the following during the complaint resolution process:
- contact details – in our initial response, we will outline who you can speak to for further information on your complaint and their contact details
- summary – after our investigation has taken place into your issue, you will be provided with a detailed analysis of what has been reviewed and the subsequent conclusions reached
- final response – a closing statement will be made confirming our position on your complaint – we aim to come to a resolution with all our complainants, but if this has not been achievable we will also provide contact details for the Financial Ombudsman Service (users need to be eligible).
We are available during office hours, 8am until 5pm, Monday to Friday. You should receive a response to your initial enquiry within 5 business days. If we are unable to respond to your complaint within 5 business days of receiving it, we will update you on the status of your complaint until such a time as our investigation is complete:
- for clients of Monex Europe Ltd, we have 15 working days to investigate your complaint and provide a resolution
- any complaint received by a client of Monex Europe Markets Ltd will be investigated and addressed within 8 weeks.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint within the given timeframes, we will contact you in writing to explain why we are not in a position to issue a final response and provide an estimate of when we expect to be able to provide one. Once our investigation has concluded, we will provide you with a final response and details on how to escalate your complaint if you remain dissatisfied.
If you remain dissatisfied with our response to your complaint, you may be eligible to approach the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) with your case. The FOS acts as an impartial adjudicator in the resolution of disputes with financial firms and the service is free of charge. The contact details for the FOS are as follows:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Please find a copy of the FOS explanatory leaflet at the following link: https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ordering-leaflet/leaflet
Due to our regulatory obligations, a record of each complaint received and the measures taken for its resolution must be kept. This will be retained for a minimum of 3 years from the date the complaint was received.